* denotes a re-reading
- Jan 1-2: The Sherewood Ring by Elizabeth Marie Pope
- Jan 3-31: The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
- Feb 8-17: Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- Feb 28-Mar 2: Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
- Mar 2-14: Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
- Apr 1-12: The Outlaws of Sherwood by Robin McKinley
- May 7-21: The Magician’s Nephew by C.S. Lewis *
- May 22-25: I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
- May 28-30: Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
- May 30-31: Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder
- May 31-Jun 1: Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder
- Jun 2-11: The Host by Stephenie Meyer
- Jun 25-Jul 4: Poison Study Maria V. Snyder *
- Jul 5-10: A Room with a View by E.M. Forster
- Jul 17-30: My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier
- Jul 30-Aug 1: Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
- Aug 2-4: Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
- Aug 13-17: The Outsider by Irene Cleaton
- Aug 20-Oct 9: Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh
- Aug 29-Oct 27: The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
- Oct 10-Oct 30: The Narrow Road by Brother Andrew
- Nov 5-11: Chalice by Robin McKinley
- Nov 19-24: Ever by Gail Carson Levine
- Nov 25-28: The Naming by Alison Croggon*
- Nov 29-Dec 1: The Riddle by Alison Croggon*
- Dec 2-16: The Crow by Alison Croggon*
- Dec 16-22: The Singing by Alison Croggon
- Dec 23-28: Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier
[looking at the books in the Franciscan monastery]
Danielle: It makes me want to cry.
Henry: Pick one.
Danielle: I could no sooner choose a favorite star in the heavens.
Henry: What is it that touches you so?
Danielle: I suppose it is because when I was young my father would stay up late and read to me. He was addicted to the written word and I would fall asleep listening to the sound of his voice.